Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Getting stronger!

Micah is getting stronger all the time. He's just about sitting on his own. He can do it mostly by leaning forward, balancing his belly on his legs. He's also getting stronger on his legs and can stand for a few seconds by holding onto something. He's not pulling himself up to either the sitting or standing positions yet, but he sure tries, working those abs like mommy wishes she could with pilates!

We are borrowing this swing-thing for Micah to bounce in and push off his feet. It's super cute when he gets going on it!




2 comments:

LJE said...

i completely relate to Micah right now, i sit with my belly supported on my legs too, and standing is sometimes hard, and i have to use my arms to hoist myself up too! Go Micah!

Cheri said...

I understand what that's like! When I was pregnant and dropped something on the floor, I would get so sad and look to my friends for help. Wouldn't it be nice to have something like that swing-thing that supports you so you don't have to put all your weight on your legs? Of course, it wouldn't be so pretty because it makes the pants ride up...