Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Date Night

David and I got to go on a date on Saturday night. It was wonderful, except that it ended with work…. But that’s the life of being married to a computer guy. So I deal with it. And I'm okay with it.

We dropped Micah off at his grandparent’s house, had a nice, quick dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in Gig Harbor, and then saw a movie: The Bourne Ultimatum. We love the Bourne series, so we were happy we could finally see it. Although I love the movies and am always very entertained with the action, this third movie was slightly less believable and seemed to end too quickly in my opinion.

Now, maybe you are able to escape with a slight limp and 3 tiny scratches on your face after driving off a building, getting pounded multiple times from every direction, and driving the car up on its side, sandwiching it between two heavy pieces of metal by wrapping your arms up in the passenger seat belt. Me? I don’t think I’d be able to walk away as easily. I also don’t think I’d be able to track 80 cameras for two people, making sure I’m never in view of the camera, nor is the person I’m on the phone with, meanwhile, showing up out of nowhere to take out 3 or more armed men with my bare hands. Then again, I’m not a government-trained assassin, aka Jason Bourne.

This isn’t to say we don’t love the movies. We do! They are exhilarating from start to finish. Let me just say that I’m glad I don’t know anyone like Jason Bourne! But he sure is a cool person to watch on screen!

No comments: