Friday, August 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Uncle Greg!



Today is my brother's 30th birthday and in a week my Grandpa will be turning 80. My grandparents came to visit in between the last two vacations I just wrote about. We had a couple days to clean and do laundry after we got back from Ontario before my Grandparents flew into the Seattle airport from Alaska. They first went to Winnipeg for a church conference, then to Alaska to visit my grandpa's brother (who had driven an RV with his wife from Virginia or something) and then down to visit us. We had a great time with them. It's so nice that they are able to travel so well still. My Gran is 75 and my Grandpa is 80. They are still so young and active. My Gran helped in the yard a lot with pulling weeds or watering or transplanting roses. She also helped me make some delicious raspberry freezer jam. My Grandpa worked a lot on a book about his life which he'd been hoping to finish by his birthday party next weekend. Unfortunately the one picture I had taken when they were here was deleted because the camera battery was too low to save. I didn't get any pictures of this visit, but I have a picture from when they were here last year in April.

No comments: