Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Frankie's name


Francess means free and Jane means gift of God. We are so blessed to have this baby girl, she is a beautiful gift in our family and we all love her so much! We had a long list of names we were considering, but Frankie was always one of the top on the list. I looked up a list of names from my mom's side of the family and there are Frances' in her geneology. Jane comes from David's side - Janey was his mother's grandmother. Originally Dave mentioned the name Frankie and I said "Oooh! I love that name, I had forgotten about it!" That was quite a long time ago, and from then on I kept coming across girls named Frankie - in books I was reading, in songs, in movies or TV shows, it just kept coming up! I recently read The Postmistress and the main character in that book was Frankie Bard. A lot of other books I read around the same time had supporting characters with the name Frances, Francine, or Frankie Mae
. Flipping through channels on the TV one night I saw an Elvis movie that was called Frankie and Johnny. The song they sing at the end is also called Frankie and Johnny. A TV show called "The Middle" has parents called Frankie and Mike. Amanda Peet named her first daughter Frankie. It was kind of funny how many times I came across the name!

Anyway we are just so thankful for our precious free gift from God!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Have you read any of the Frances books by Russell Hoban? They are excellent children's books - I love the writing! And my kids love them too. You should definitely pick some of them up for when Frances is old enough to appreciate them. :)

Cheri said...

Actually, yes! We had checked out a kids packet on food from the library and "Bread and Jam for Frances" was in that packet. It was a great book! I forgot to add that, but there were a number of kids books also that had the name - that one and also Arthur's friend Francine in the Arthur books. We will have to get some of the Frances books. I didn't know there were more.