Monday, December 06, 2010

Advent Day 6: Outdoor Lights





I'm so glad I have a smart child. We were having a nice, lazy morning today. We were reading Christmas stories from the boxes we had our Christmas decorations stored in, then we were eating some breakfast at about 10:15 and Micah said "After breakfast I'm going to get dressed so I can go to swimming lessons." I jumped up, looked at the clock, and said "oh! we have to get going!!" Swimming lessons start at 10:30 on Mondays and Wednesdays! Surprisingly, we got there just a little bit late. I'm glad Micah knows what days of the week he has swimming since his mom doesn't pay attention.
So we were supposed to do something else today, but I would have needed to go to the store and I didn't get there. It was a pretty nice day, though, and Frankie took a good long nap this afternoon, so Micah and I put up the outdoor lights on the house and one tree. When David got home, he put the rest of the lights up. I love when the lights are up. Probably the hardest thing for me being in the states is having to wait until after Thanksgiving (at the very END of November) to decorate for Christmas, put up the lights, and listen to Christmas music. David made a slight concession this year to listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving since we got a little bit of snow. It put him in the Christmas spirit. If it hadn't been icy and cold, he may have even put up the lights. I just think the Christmas lights are so pretty. I'm glad we have them up!
Bible Reading:
Acts 20:35 (NLT) "And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"
1 John 4:10 (NLT) "This is real love - not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins."

No comments: