Friday, December 10, 2010

Advent Day 9: Make Cinnamon Ornaments

I got the idea to do this advent activity thing on the blog Not That You Asked. I have followed her since Micah was born because she and I gave birth to baby boys within days of each other. She is a very gifted writer and I love reading her blog entries, though I have never met her and I rarely leave a comment so she knows nothing of me. Her first advent day with her kids was to make cinnamon ornaments, so I copied this from her. They are super simple, and they made our house smell delicious for two days! It's just 4.12 oz of cinnamon and 3/4 cup of applesauce. You mix that together, roll it out and cut it into shapes. Use a straw to poke a hole in the top and then dry them out in the oven at 200 degrees for a couple hours, or lay them on the counter all day. Decorate, or just tie a ribbon through and hang them up! Micah enjoyed it. Dave hoped to eat them, and then thought 'what fun is it to make cinnamon ornaments if you're not allowed to eat them?', so we made "make Christmas cookies" day number 10.






My camera battery is dead and I don't know where the charger is, so I'm a little worried that the rest of my photo entries are going to have to be from phone.
Reading:
Isaiah 9:6-7
Revelation 19:1-16
1 Timothy 6:11-16

No comments: