Sunday, December 05, 2010

Day 4: Decorate Christmas Tree

Yesterday was a busy day. We had our tree but David had some work to do and couldn't set the tree up earlier in the day, so we set it up last night and decorated the next day.




We watched The Grinch while we decorated, but once it was over Micah was totally into helping put the ornaments on the tree. I was surprised, because he usually isn't interested in them. There are ornaments that we've gotten for him each year. When we were first married I didn't like all the old ornaments that David had brought with him to decorate our tree, ornaments from his childhood. His mother had kept track of his ornaments from each year and kept them in a box for him to take with him when he got married. Now, when we decorate our tree, I kind of like some of the unique and cute ornaments that come out. I like how they bring character to our tree. Of course, some of the homemade (ie. the spaghetti-puppy-santa) ornaments remain in the box year after year, but there are some neat ones that Micah now likes.





Bible Reading:

Mark 9:33-37 (New International Version, ©2010)

33 They came to Capernaum. When he was in the house, he asked them, “What were you arguing about on the road?” 34 But they kept quiet because on the way they had argued about who was the greatest.

35 Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.”

36 He took a little child whom he placed among them. Taking the child in his arms, he said to them, 37 “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.”

No comments: